Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ready to Paint, Thank yous, Etc.

First I want to thank everyone for my travels last week: Alexis and Fancher, Nancy and Mike, Ross, Alexis and Henry for letting me stay with you. Mimi for meeting me in San Diego, The Matt Garrett's for entertaining me, Bob Miller for a wonderful lunch and Mom for taking care of my cat children. Thank you all. I had a wonderful time and a step further in my grief path as a result of stepping out of my daily life for a while.











This is Alexis G's Art Barn. What a wonderful creative space. I need to do a bit of set up to paint or work on any other messy creative project at my home. No complaints but I do love the Art Barn.




Here is my set up:
I am waiting for the gesso to dry on a canvas so thought it would be a good time to blog.





Last night was my grief group. It was the fifth meeting and so we had a new group of people. It was both rewarding and painful to hear new stories of loss. I am happy to have more people in the group. When it was over us three original members huddled together, talked and supported each other. Their final words to me were"Paint".









I thought a photo before I started would help get me going. I was having trouble with my digital camera. I thought the card was empty but to my surprise there were final pictures of Gary and I that I did not know existed. Some were from Christmas but he was apparently sick in all of them. It was quite a shock as every other of the thousands of pic's I have of him he is healthy, handsome and smiling. I won't post any of them as I doubt he would want anyone to see them. It made me very sad. I don't spend nearly as much time being sad as I did in the beginning but no matter how easy I may make it look, life is still very difficult for me to navigate through. It is getting better but I miss him immensely,painfully everyday. I am doing all I can to build a new life even though I want to old one back more than I have ever wanted anything in my life.




My intention was not to write about Gary but my blogging world is a vehicle to take me where ever it takes me and gives me a clue of where I really am at. But now I better start painting or I will put it off some more.

(Sorry for the odd formatting. I have tried to fix it about 10 times but it is not co-operating.)

No comments:

Post a Comment