Sunday, June 26, 2011

Made it to the beach!

This is the exact spot on the beach where we were married. I got here yesterday and the first tears came as I was walking on the beach remembering all the walks we took and all the wildlife we had seen. I had never payed much attention to birds before but they are fascinating to watch on the beach. I remember the very first time we were here together, kissing on our walk like teenagers. Gary said to me that he had been looking his entire life for me to kiss in wonderful, exotic locations. We were able to do that and pend time here before he got too sick to go anywhere. As it has been said many times we really were able to pack in a lot in our too short amount of time together.


The wedding seems like a long time ago as does his death but he still seems so close, almost in reach. It has taken me a while to come here. I did not know how I would react but I had a major distraction on the way and when I arrived having nothing to do with Gary or my trip here. It took me an hour sitting on the couch looking out at the ocean to get present and when I finally did the shock of being here had been taken away. Today my cousin Cheryl said it was Angel Gary distracting me from the pain.


As you can see from the photo it was a beautiful day here. Pajaro Dunes is a wonderful, peaceful place. Not a place to be if you want action but great for reflection.


Gary was worried about how I would do in a place so isolated. With him I could have been anywhere. Now that I am back here from an afternoon away I am once again enjoying the calm and all the wonderful memories of my amazing husband.









This is the same spot the day of our wedding. I liked it a bit better that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment