Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Ramblings


I quit blogging as no one was reading my posts. This exercise should be for me. About 10 weeks ago I injured myself quite badly while exercising. I was in a neck brace for 8 weeks, regular PT, it threw me off my path. Between the pain and the inability to exercise I reverted to my knit/TV life. I have been cleared to exercise at 10% intensity but what do I know about 10%? I understand 110%. We'll see how this goes.
This photo is from another play station in my creative room.  It is separate from the desk with my card making stuff. Separate from my easel with a painting in progress and Gary's comfy chair where I sit and write. There is a wall filled with books from both of our journeys. At one time the content with divided, now there is a lot of overlap.
Recently I have been working with a spiritual advisor. She told  me that I needed to write a book. It rang true, felt like a perfect fit yet I could not get myself to start. Last week she told me that the book I need to start with is the one with Gary's writings, laced with my experience. So much synchronicity. I had already started it two years ago. My cousin Mimi thought it was what I needed to do and sent me the Patty Smith/Mapelthrope story. Other stuff too. Without doing much the book is well on it's way. Thursday was our wedding anniversary. The only problem is me.
I have been in school all year for Holistic Nutrition. I have always defined myself as a Christian Louboutin girl and been afraid of that hippie within. I relate more to the inner business woman than the artist yet those that volunteer their observations see me as an artist. I am a vegan. While painting yesterday I listened to an 80 minute lecture from Howard Lyman, the rancher turned vegan that informed the world about  Mad Cow Disease  then turned on FOX news. I suppose I have always been a  strange combination of my varied experiences and that is a good thing.
Last note.. while others see my knitting as creative, I won't deny the creative aspect of it but when I obsessively knit, hide and watch TV it is not a good thing. It is comparable to drug abuse or an eating disorder. As pretty as my bedroom is I need to be in other rooms of my condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment