Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Bart!

Yesterday was Bart's 17th birthday. My little talking angel. After we lost his sister he  decided he had a lot to say and still yells at me most of his waking hours. He particularly does not like me talking on the phone and has a lot to say about that. A phone call will wake him up faster than treats. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of hearing him, it sounds like a baby being tortured. Amazing the sounds that come out of such a small, loving creature.
As annoying as it is there is also a familiar comfort to hearing him. My cat encyclopedia says he is 78 in human years. A youngster!
According to one source I read that the oldest living cat was 37 or 38 years old (I forget exactly) and a also Burmese. I am planning on another 20 years with him.
He is slowly adjusting to my spending time in the den. He thinks we should both be on the bed 24/7. Obviously not a healthy place for me. Sadly between Gary's illness and grief I have spent the majority of my time at home there. I rarely post my knitting as I can isolate my life away knitting, watching TV. It is a lot healthier for me to be in here doing something creative. Painting, school work, music, card making, etc., etc., etc. Lots to do at home if I leave the bedroom cave.
Now that he has agreed to a little time in here he has hogged the only comfy chair. Fine when I am engaged in a creative project but a drag when I want a break. In a funny way he is helping me. I am sitting on my exercise ball right now. Good for the abs. After my back injury I need all the help I can get.
Yesterday my trainer told me that it takes twice as long to get back into shape as the down time. That gets me back to where I was in 22 weeks-November 16th. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment