Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!








Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. Having been with such a romantic I got to enjoy this day to the fullest. Instead of blathering on about those days I will tell you what it is for me now. I am no longer under a sad veil of better times, not yet a new better time but on my way. There is a big romantic, softy in me so I decided to think of this day as a holiday of love in the general sense. I have a needy, purring cat sitting on my lap while I write with a smile on my face. I plan on having a great day today. Gym, meeting, Artist Way and knitting store. Add in healthy food and acknowledge that I will see many people I care about today so how could it not be a happy one.
For those of you in a relationship I hope you show your partner how wonderful they are. For those not forget about the Hallmark creation and enjoy the people you love. Years ago I was in a relationship with someone that didn't give me roses on Valentine's Day (we did still celebrate) but bought me three dozen the next day when the prices weren't jacked up. I loved it.
I learned awhile ago that making distracting plans on days that could otherwise be difficult was a good strategy for not feeling, sad, left out, etc. I really loaded myself with armor for this one making my own cards. How can one feel sad will playing and thinking of others?


So today I wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day and think of it as a Holiday of All Love, not just romantic love.

No comments:

Post a Comment