Sunday, February 17, 2013

Different Ways of Creating

This is what I looked like just a few years ago on one of our last trips together, I think I was 54. Then it was time to sit. At first it was necessary to be there for Gary, then it was all I could as I was grieving, then I was stuck. Last week I posted about the three hour gym thing. 8 days later and I have been at the gym everyday with the exception of one rest day. It was not a scary day. It pushed me back into the zone I needed. When I try to talk myself into not driving to the gym I am able to override the thought.
So I am creating health. I have been fine tuning my diet more and more. I am close to looking like that picture again and will get there soon. Although there is nothing on my easel or creative desk my energy is slowly returning and I am using my time better.
I once knew an artist that had been a stockbroker. I ran into him a few years after I had seen his work and asked if he was still sculpting. He told me that he was not, he was back to creating money. I filled that away as creating can come in many forms and forward movement and balance is key.
I have a two hour workout on the schedule today and a creative project percolating in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment